The Sacramento Spinal Cord Association is accepting applications for their Quality of Life Scholarship program for applicants residing in Sacramento and Yolo County. The program accepts applications two times per year. The dates are as follows:
March 1 through May 15. Awards will be issued by June 30.
September 1 through November 15. Awards will be issued by December 31.
Scholarship awards will not exceed $1000.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Scholarships are awarded to individuals with a spinal cord injury – paraplegia and quadriplegia. Individuals with spinal cord disorders are not eligible.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and may be required to provide documentation.
- Applicants must reside in Sacramento County or Yolo County.
- Applicants must request a specific modification, piece of equipment, or service.
- Examples of eligible items include wheelchair parts, vehicle modifications, small home modifications, ramps, and other adaptive equipment.
- Examples of eligible services include home maintenance or physical rehabilitation gym costs.
- PLEASE NOTE: Scholarship monies are disbursed on a monthly basis directly to suppliers of the desired equipment, modifications, or service.
Applicants must complete all questions in order to be considered for a Sacramento Spinal Foundation Quality of Life Scholarship. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Scholarship recipients will be notified by phone, email, or mail upon approval.
You will need a word processing application (MS Word or similar), to complete the application. If you don’t have a suitable word processing application on your computer, check out the excellent and free Libre Office by clicking here.
The Board of Directors of the Sacramento Spinal Foundation will review each request. All notifications, both of awards and declinations, will be emailed out after the Board has met.
All scholarship applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your completed MS Word document to your email.