The Patterson Network Project (“PNP,” “we,” or “us”) provides web and email services to disabled individuals and nonprofit organizations that have signed up to use our server. The PNP operates under the umbrella of Ophoenix Public Benefit Corporation in a manner that is aligned with Ophoenix’s 501(c)(3) status. This document covers all users of the PNP sites.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our services. By accessing or using any part of our services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access or use any of our services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by PNP, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Our services are not directed to children younger than 18, and access and use of our services is only offered to users 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 years old, please do not register to use our services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our services represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
Some uses of the PNP server requires a PNP site account. If you need to obtain an account, you agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
“Personally Identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, email address, phone number, and billing address,
- your user ID and password (if applicable),
- any account-preference information you provide us,
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet,
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us then:
- We will not sell or rent it to a third party. However, unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the terms of service.
- If our user data is shared, it will be aggregated with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical techniques);
- If required, we will cooperate with authorities, as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant.
- We will use your info as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service, e.g. where legal procedures become necessary;
- Potentially share your data as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of the PNP, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our web site(s); research and development; and customer- and account administration.
The PNP uses “ cookies ” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your web browser (for example, Google Chrome or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our web site(s).
You can learn more about cookies by reading the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for most browsers.
We do not release the content of our customers email to any third party unless so ordered by a court of law. Access to information incidentally encountered through routine system administration such as troubleshooting and security audits is restricted to staff managing the server.
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted, e.g. for purposes of backup and data protection. When we do so, all of our site’s data will be encrypted.
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password (if applicable),with anyone else;
- to log off the PNP web site when you are finished (if applicable);
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.